Privacy & Cookies
Your privacy is important to us. We only use the information we collect about you carefully, lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Information we hold for Legitimate Interests:
- If you have shopped with us we will hold your name, billing address, delivery address, telephone number and email address. We do not hold, only process card details through encrypted methods.
- gltc.co.uk includes a 256-bit SSL Certificate and is Level 1 PCI Compliant to ensure security of customers’ personal information.
- We also maintain a record of your purchase history.
- If you have requested a catalogue or completed feedback, we hold your name, address, telephone number, email address.
- We will hold your data indefinitely unless you contact us specifically and request your account is deleted. For further details please see our Customer Deletion Policy at the bottom of this page.
Information we hold for Marketing Purposes:
We hold your name, address, telephone number, email address and purchase history for marketing purposes.
- If you have requested to receive our email newsletters we only hold your name and email address. To unsubscribe from our mailing list simply click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every marketing email and you will be opted out of all email communications. Alternatively, please log in to your account and change your preferences, or email email@example.com unsubscribe in the subject field. If you prefer to write to us instead, please use the following address:
Customer Services, Great Little Trading Co.
PO Box 336,
- We may also collect information about where you are on the internet e.g. the URL you came from and the way in which you navigate the site, Cookie ID, IP address.
Information we use for Legitimate Interest:
- We use the information we hold on your records for operational purposes; for example processing your order, dealing with queries, tracking deliveries, reviewing past purchases, fraud checks & processing payments.
- Your order history enables us to validate your purchase guarantee
- To assist fulfilling your order we will share your name, address, phone number, email & card details with our suppliers. Data supplied will be shared using the latest secure server technology to ensure this information is protected to the highest standard.
- Any successor to GLTC may use your information on the same basis.
Information we use for Marketing Purposes:
- We use your purchase history to tailor our product range and marketing information (e.g. promotions and special offers) to your requirements.
- All the information we hold is used to improve your customer experience and ensure all our marketing communications (email, catalogue & digital ads) are relevant and timely for our customers. We will share your information with suppliers to produce and execute campaigns.
- We occasionally make our postal mailing list & third party cookie data available to carefully selected companies & third parties. If you do not want your information to be made available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0344 848 6000 to update your preferences.
- Email data will be made available to our third party clients Emarsys, Google, Epsilon, Mention Me and Facebook Ads purely for these third parties to assist us with targeting and remarketing for GLTC, making sure we provide accurate, timely, relevant and non-invasive communications. Data is shared using either encryption methods to strip out PII data or using a secure FTP.
- Name, address, email address, gender assumption & purchase history is shared with Epsilon, who remove user identifiable information for profiling and targeting to ensure digital ads are relevant and timely.
- Cookie IDs, IP Addresses, Click Stream and transactions are tracked by CJ Affiliate by Conversant when a consumer clicks on a CJ advertisement. This data is used to provide commission to the publisher which drives traffic to our website, so we can reward them accordingly and provide rewards to customers.
- Cookie IDs, Device IDs, Click Stream and IP Addresses and transactions are tracked by Conversant CRM for targeting purposes to deliver relevant and timely ads.
- Both GLTC Ltd and our third parties will never sell your email data and it will only be in possession of these third parties in relation to the provision of the services provided.
- GLTC and third parties will hold all data securely, taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard such data.
- For specific terms in relation to Mention Me please see full terms of conditions of the referral programme.
- For purposes of quality control and training, calls and emails may be monitored.
- Any successor to GLTC may use your information on the same basis.
A cookie is a small file that's stored on your computer by a website to remember certain information. Cookies can be used for many purposes, and some are essential to the way the website works.
Cookies can not read information stores on the hard drive of your computer. They cannot be used to spread viruses and they can not access your email address. They will only transfer data which you have disclosed to the website.
To order online at gltc.co.uk you'll need to have cookies enabled, otherwise you won’t be able to add things to your basket or check out.
COOKIES FOR ESSENTIAL PURPOSES
- First party cookies to allow you to log in, add products to your basket and check out.
- First party cookies to allow you to log in and access your account information (including order history).
- First party cookies to display your previously viewed products, so that you can easily find them again.
- Third party cookies are used to help with fraud detection & prevention.
COOKIES FOR FUNCTIONAL PURPOSES
- To track customer behaviour on the site, such as the pages you visited and where you left our site. This helps us to improve the site and your browsing experience. This tracking information isn’t linked to any of your personal details and doesn’t let us identify you as an individual. It also helps us to create personal product recommendations on our website and in marketing emails.
- Third party cookies are used for the Shopify Back in Stock App to allow us to contact customers who have chosen to use this service.
- Third party cookies are used for the Shopify MailMunch App to allow us to contact customer who have chosen to use our Catalogue Request service.
COOKIES FOR TARGETING PURPOSES
- To track affiliate marketing referrals with CJ Affiliate by Conversant. This shows us which of our online marketing channels are effective and allows us to reward external sites for directing you to us and reward customers for loyalty.
- Third party cookies for targeting & advertising with Conversant CRM to deliver adverts that are more relevant to your interests and limit the number of times you see an advertisement. These cookies are placed by advertising networks with our permission. These cookies enable us to share personal information such as your name, address, telephone or email for targeting purposes only. These ads are typically served across news sites, video sites and blogs, all banners of this type contain an Ad Choices symbol that provides more information from each network and instructions on how to opt out.
- You can find more about our third party cookies here: Sub2 cookie
- First Party Cookie Integration: We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with relevant online display advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of our cookies used for this online advertising, click here.
You can however block all cookies, including the essential ones, using your browser settings, but unfortunately this means you won’t be able to shop with us. To block cookies you can use the Privacy setting on your browser’s Options menu.
For further information about managing and disabling cookies on your computer visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
Customer Deletion Policy
You have the right to request your account and associated data to be deleted completely by GLTC and associated third parties. If you do decide to exercise this right please be aware that all purchase history will be deleted and therefore invalidate any guarantees for products purchased.
We also cannot guarantee that you will not be contacted again in the future as occasionally we purchase data from third parties and if we do not hold your details we cannot suppress you against those files.
If you do not wish to be contacted but wish to keep your purchase guarantee we can terminate your account and suppress your details from any new data purchase.
In order to delete or suppress your details please email email@example.com or alternatively call us on 0344 848 6000.