Careers at GLTC
The Great Little Trading Company began life in 1997. Our vision was, and is, to help parents create happy, organised homes for their families. We've done this by broadening our range to include storage, furniture, room accessories and toys as well as all the practical stuff.
Job Title: Assistant Buyer
An amazing opportunity to join an exciting children’s brand as an Assistant Buyer. You will support the Buyer in creating and delivering a well-designed, innovative yet functional product range that fits the most commercial strategy for your department. Everything you do will demonstrate a drive to push your department to maximize success in terms of sales and profit growth. You will have access to a designer, and a technologist to support you in your quest.
- Range Management: Be responsible for the strategy creation, design briefing, price negotiation and range building process of a given product area.
- Assist the buyer with the preparation for range review meetings
- Critical path management
- Assist the buyer with copy checking and proof reading of the catalogue and product web pages.
- Comp Shopping & Social Media Analysis
- Sample Management
- Create & monitor regular & ad-hoc reports for B&M team as required
- Assist in the management of the product testing process
- Management of packaging development and changes
- Management of and monitoring of departmental Assembly Instructions
- Build strong relationships with third party service providers e.g. Customer Services Team/Warehouse Team
- Represent the Buyer/s and/or Department in their absence at all times.
- General administrative duties.
What we are looking for from you:
- Educated to degree level
- An existing Assistant Buyer or a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a buyer’s
- A passion for our brand and our quest to deliver products that make the lives of parents and their children better
- Creative flair and a love of homeware and design
- Outstanding organisational skills and a preference for working in a fast-paced environment
- Fantastic team working ability and communication skills
- Excellent organisational & time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Proven decision-making skills
- Some experience of negotiation
- Problem Solver
- Bags of drive and energy to make the department as successful as it possibly can be.
Please send your CV to the Accessories Buyer via email email@example.com
Please note that only applicants who have been selected for interview will be contacted.
You must be a UK resident to be considered for the role.
Job Title: Merchandise Assistant
An amazing opportunity to join an exciting children’s retailer as a Merchandise Assistant. Voted ‘Best Family Brand’ in 2019, our products range from Toys and Bookcases to Desks and Beds.
You will provide crucial support to our Merchandise team, ensuring that all weekly reports are produced accurately and on time, and providing sales and profit analysis to support the Merchandisers in trading and planning our product range.
This is a real opportunity to make a difference to our business. We need someone with loads of energy, enthusiasm and great attention to detail.
You should possess the following skills:
- Educated to at least A Level standard. GCSE Maths, minimum grade B.
- Sound numerical and analytical skills.
- Very good Excel and Word skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong, flexible team player with the ability to work effectively cross- functionally.
- Self motivated.
- Bags of energy and enthusiasm.
Please send your CV to the Accessories Merchandiser via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the volume of responses, we will only contact applicants who have been selected for interview.