Careers at GLTC
The Great Little Trading Company began life in 1996. Our vision was, and is, to help parents create happy, organised homes for their families. We've done this by broadening our range to include storage, furniture, room accessories and toys as well as all the practical stuff.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1996, Great Little Trading Co. (GLTC) is an award-winning, online retailer that provides a range of classic toys, storage, and children’s furniture loved by parents and children alike. As a small, independent business we are passionate about designing and creating genuinely useful products to make family life easier.
Based in Wandsworth, our small team of less than 25 people consists of a marketing team and a buying and merchandising team, including our own in-house Product Designers and Product Technician. As a small company we rely upon passionate people who have a genuine love of the product we create and an enthusiasm for the brand as well as their career field. We value teamwork, self-motivation, and kind, friendly personalities, as an equal opportunities employer we celebrate diversity and inclusion in our team. No matter what your position is, at GLTC everyone has the opportunity to make a difference.
Role: Mid-weight Designer, Marketing
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to: Senior Creative Manager
Hours: 2 days a week
Salary: Dependent on experience
Positioned within the design team of our marketing department, this role will live and breathe all things design and social media. You will be responsible for effective email designs and promotional artwork for the website as well as the preparation of web assets for seasonal launches. With an emphasis on social media creative, you will be producing content and creative for Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Sitting across both digital design and social media, you will help share the load and provide support to our Senior Designers.
- To produce excellent email designs and website artwork
- To understand the commercial requirements of email marketing for GLTC
- Work with our Digital Content Executive to design engaging social media assets and content, in particular artwork, ads, video & reels
- To collaborate with your colleagues to deliver fresh creative and strong conceptual foundations
- To maintain designs consistent with GLTC brand guidelines and tone of voice
- To make sure the correct work is prioritised and deadlines are met
- Experience of delivering email and social media specific content
- A thorough understanding of what content works best on various social media platforms
- Ability to work under pressure with fast turnarounds and tight deadlines
- Superb with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects (or equivalent), InDesign and Premier Pro
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates your impressive design skills and good knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud tools
- Keen interest in new digital trends and software developments
OUR IDEAL CANDIDIATE
We’re looking for a strong team player with good communication skills and a positive attitude; you should be able to build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues in all departments. You should be organised, and able to manage projects from concept to completion with calm efficiency and a keen attention to detail. You should be self-motivated and naturally interested in design trends both commercially and creatively. You’re comfortable working autonomously and in collaboration with others.
To apply for this position please email email@example.com with your CV and portfolio.