GLTC Bed & Mattress Warranty
The GLTC Bed & Mattress Warranty is a 5 Year Warranty active from 5th September 2018.
The 5 Year workmanship warranty applies to faulty workmanship on our standard UK single sized and European single sized beds (singles, bunks & raised beds) and our UK and European sized single mattresses (classic comfort, luxury comfort and truckle mattresses). This warranty only covers replacements, repairs or upgrades for successful claims, it does not activate a refund.
The following products are excluded from our 5 Year Warranty:
Cot beds, toddler beds, truckle beds, toddler & cot bed mattresses, the Bed in a Bag, the Sleepover Chair and the Merlin & Tate High Sleeper Pull-out Beds. Please contact customer services if you have any faults or issues with these items.
Matching bedroom furniture (any range) and under-bed storage are also excluded.
What is covered: This warranty applies to any structural failure of the bed frame and transit damage reported at the time of delivery.
What is not covered: Any claim made other than for the benefit of the original purchaser. This warranty does not transfer to a new owner of the mattress or bed if it is sold on privately.
- General wear and tear of use of the bed.
- Marking on paint (post-delivery)
- Neglect, mis-use (includes bouncing/trampolining), mis-handling, malicious damage, physical abuse of bed.
- Mis-building/Mis-assembling of bed that leads to damage of the product or if incorrect hardware has been used to assemble the bed.
- Any alterations to the bed.
- If the bed has been personalised.
- Improper storage - any item being stored outside or in damp conditions.
- Loss or damage (including rusting and corrosion) due to unreasonable exposure to water, heat or weather.
- Mould, dirt or smells resulting from poor product care.
- Loss or damage due to fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, sunlight, infestation by animals or boring insects, damage by animals generally or theft, or accidental damage or loss caused by a third party.
- Products which have not been maintained in accordance with care instructions supplied.
Use other than normal domestic use. Goods used in holiday homes are not covered by this warranty.
This warranty applies to workmanship faults on our Standard UK single and European Single mattresses, including our Classic, Luxury and Truckle mattresses. In the event of a successful warranty claim it guarantees replacement, repair or upgrade; it will not activate any refund. All warranties and guarantees are limited to goods sold and retained in mainland United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) and used solely in private residences and not in commercial or rental properties.
The following products are excluded from our Five Year Warranty: all Toddler Mattresses, the Bed in a Bag, Sleepover Chair Cushions and the Merlin & Tate High Sleeper chair cushions.
What is covered: This warranty applies to any spring unit failure, stitching failure, or any transit damage reported at the time of delivery.
What is not covered: This warranty does not apply to general wear and tear from normal domestic use, including natural settlement of fillings, soiling or marking.
This warranty does not apply to any neglect, misuse, or mishandling, namely:
- Loss or damage caused by improper storage, ie the mattress being folded, rolled or stored outside or in damp conditions; loss or damage (including rusting and corrosion) due to unreasonable exposure to water, heat or weather.
- Loss or damage due to fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, sunlight, damage or infestation by animals or insects, theft, accidental damage or loss caused by a third party.
- Loss or damage caused by malicious damage or abuse such as frame damage, spring damage or breakthrough, burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage or stains to the cover or spring unit.
- Mould, dirt or smells resulting from poor mattress care or from failure to act in accordance with the washing and/or care instructions supplied.
- Damage caused by the use of a non-compatible base; our mattresses are designed to be used with a board frame or a slatted frame with gaps no greater than 70mm. For more details see our FAQs.
This warranty is not transferable, therefore any claim made by anyone other than the original purchaser will not be eligible for consideration; this includes any mattress sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or described with any other similar wording indicating that the mattress is not “new”, of “first quality”, or has previously been purchased or used by someone else.
PLEASE NOTE: Any claim under this warranty must be submitted by contacting GLTC Customer Service via email at email@example.com or by telephone on 0344 848 6000; failure to do so will compromise the validity of the warranty. We reserve the right to refuse to collect and/or dispose of any unsanitary mattress.
Our warranties and guarantees are limited to goods sold and retained in mainland United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland), by G.L.T.C. Ltd and used solely in private residences and not in commercial or rental properties.