Children's Wallpaper - Buying & Measuring Guide
About our wallpaper
All our children's wallpaper is made exclusively for GLTC in Wales.
Our wallpaper is suitable for decorating kids’ bedrooms, nurseries and play rooms, although if you plan to use it in bathrooms or kitchens do make sure the room is well ventilated.
Our beautiful wallpaper designs are also tough and durable: the paper has a traditional, protective clay based coating to give protection to the paper fibres and for a lustrous, printing surface; the water based printing inks are wipe-clean and fixed to maintain colour fastness.
Calculating how much you need
Each roll of wallpaper measures approximately 53cmW x 10mL (21” x 33ft); the vertical pattern repeat (64cm for all designs) is required to calculate the amount extra you need for pattern matching. Use the table below to calculate the approximate number of rolls you will require.
PLEASE NOTE: there may be slight shade variations between batches, so please make sure all the rolls you receive carry the same batch number; it’s also a good idea to add on an extra roll to cover any mishaps.
Wallpapering tips for best results
- Please read and follow the hanging instructions on the reverse of the roll label.
- Make sure you have sufficient rolls for the job, and that they are all of the same batch number (which you will also find on the roll label).
- Remove any old wallcoverings, flaky paint or loose plaster; fill any cracks or holes with filler and make sure the wall is smooth and dry.
- For gloss or eggshell painted walls, roughen with sandpaper to provide a key for the wallpaper adhesive.
- Paint all door trims, windows and skirting boards prior to papering, and allow the paint to dry.
- Allow the paste to soak into the wallpaper for 3 to 4 minutes ONLY before hanging.
- Use a decorator’s brush to brush out air bubbles working from the centre outwards; use a frequently cleaned damp sponge to wipe off any excess wallpaper paste from the decorative surface.
- Always turn off the heating in the room to be decorated and allow the paper time to dry naturally for a shrink free result.
- Wipe clean with a damp sponge; please do not use abrasive cleaners.
PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND YOU KEEP THE LABEL AND A SAMPLE OF YOUR WALLPAPER IN CASE YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES OR NEED TO RE-ORDER.
All our children’s wallpaper is manufactured from paper sourced from sustainable and renewable forests and is PEFC certified; the printing inks are water based and environmentally friendly.