Terms & Conditions
Our Terms & Conditions
- Offers & promotions
Occasionally we run offers, promotions and sales online which adhere to the following guidelines:
- Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other GLTC catalogue, email, internet or product offer.
- Offers cannot be used with bundles, multi-buys or sale items (see exclusions below).
- Offers are not transferable or for publication online or offline.
- Offers with a spend threshold always exclude delivery charges.
- Offer end dates apply.
- Offers are at GLTC’s sole discretion and are subject to variation or withdrawal without notice.
- Offers or promotions cannot be applied to previously bought items.
- All sale items are subject to availability at time of order. Online price includes discount and is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Sale discount cannot be applied to previously bought items.
- If a % or £ off discount brings the basket subtotal to below the threshold for a free delivery discount, free delivery will not be applied.
- Books sold in our Store are not eligible for any discount
- Free delivery promotions applies to United Kingdom orders only.
- Gift cards
- Gift cards/e-vouchers purchased online have fixed denominations ranging from £25 to £100. To purchase any other value please visit or call one of our stores.
- Gift cards/e-vouchers will be dispatched separately from product ordered at the same time.
- Gift cards are normally dispatched within 24 hours by first class mail.
- Non delivery of a gift card/e-voucher must be notified to GLTC asap, and in any event within 72 hours of the order being placed.
- GLTC will cancel the value of the gift card/e-voucher if we fail to receive payment from the purchaser’s bank or card company.
- Gift cards/e-vouchers are only redeemable for merchandise in GLTC stores in the UK and online at gltc.co.uk. They are not redeemable in other establishments selling GLTC branded goods. They can be exchanged for goods or services of a higher price than the face value of the card on payment of the difference.
- When you use a GLTC gift card/e-voucher, the amount of your purchase will be deducted from the balance on the card.
- The PIN on the gift-card/e-voucher will be required when using them instore, online or via customer service.
- No change will be given, but the balance of any gift card or e-voucher will remain on the card for 12 months.
- Multiple gift cards/e-vouchers can be redeemed in the same transaction up to the value of the goods being purchased.
- Gift cards/e-vouchers cannot be used to purchase gift cards or e-vouchers.
- Gift vouchers cannot be purchased using any promotional discounts. These are exempt from all discount codes in circulation by GLTC or any other third party.
- Gift cards/e-vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The gift card/e-voucher will expire 12 month from the date of last use (e.g. balance check, redemption, top-up). If the gift card/e-voucher is not used for a period of 12 consecutive months the card will automatically expire at the end of the period and the balance on the card will be forfeited.
- The funds on a GLTC gift card/e-voucher are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation scheme. In the unlikely event of the issue of this product becoming insolvent, some funds on gift cards/e-vouchers may not be available to spend.
- You can check the balance of your gift card/e-voucher at www.gltc.co.uk
- Gift cards/e-vouchers cannot be returned or refunded except in accordance with your statutory rights.
- Please protect your gift card/e-voucher as cash. GLTC can’t be held liable for gift cards which, once activated, are subsequently lost, stolen or damaged.
- GLTC reserves the rights to refuse to accept a gift/card-e-voucher which it deems to have been tampered with, duplicated, damaged or which otherwise is suspected to be affected by fraud.
- GLTC is not responsible for any unauthorised use of your gift card/e-voucher.
- If your gift card becomes damaged, please contact GLTC Customer Services.
- If you have made a payment with a gift card/e-voucher (in whole or part) and return an item, the amount paid by gift-card/e-voucher will be refunded onto a gift card. Gift cards are issued by GLTC. Registered office: is 47 Castle Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 7SR, United Kingdom
- GLTC reserves the right to change any of these terms and conditions from time to time without notice.
- To enter our November "Win Your Money Back" competition, entrants need to purchase from online at www.gltc.co.uk between 1st-30th November 2016 and they will be automatically be entered. On 1st December 2016, GLTC will select at random 5 winners who will win back the cost of their order placed in November 2016 up to the value of £500. The prize will be rewarded as a refund by GLTC, there will be no cash alternative available. The five winners will be notified via email.
- To enter our #mygltc competiton, entrants should post a photo including a GLTC product on either Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, tagging the photo with #mygltc. At the end of each Calendar month, GLTC will choose the best #mygltc photo to win a prize of £100 to spend at gltc.co.uk or instore at Great Little Trading Co, 12 Buckhold Road, London, SW18 4GP.
Winners will be notified via the social media channel through which they entered the competition, and GLTC will publish the results within 7 days of each month’s competition closing.
By entering the competition, entrants are giving GLTC permission to share their #mygltc photo via social media.
- To enter our 'Win a Great Little Gift This Christmas Competition' complete the postcard form in either our Bromley or Wandsworth stores & post in the letter box provided. You need to tell us how good you've been this year and which one of our toys is your favourite and why. The prize will be the item selected as your favourite GLTC toy, subject to availability. No cash alternative will be provided. Competition closes at 5.30pm on 18th December, one entry per child. 1 winner will be selected from GLTC's Bromley & Wandsworth store, the winner will be decided on 19th December at GLTC's discretion. Prize sent out 20th December to arrive in time for Christmas.
- Excluded products from promotions
Where a “% off” offer is given, items already on promotion or in our sale and clearance categories are excluded, as are money-saving bundle offers (e.g.Pippin Toy Farm, Animals, Playmat, Tractor and Family - SAVE £10 (L1641) where you will save £10 by buying the set of products together, but do not get a further % off discount)
See the list of permanently excluded products.
GLTC reserve the right to amend our offer exclusion list at our discretion and without prior warning.
- All prices include VAT, generally at 20%. Some children's products by law incur a lower VAT rate and this has been applied where relevant.
- VAT Refunds
- We can refund VAT on orders sent to BFPO addresses, as long as the address is located outside the European Union. We are happy to refund the VAT to you after your order has been dispatched. To request a VAT refund after dispatch, please send us a copy of a VAT exemption form signed by your CO. Remember to include the order number with your request.
- GLTC makes every effort to publish and advertise the correct prices for its products. Occasionally we make mistakes and reserve the right to correct pricing information without notice or to cancel orders where the incorrect price has been applied. We will always inform you if your order has been cancelled for this reason
- Prices are correct at time of publishing.
- It may be necessary to change prices either up or down, from time to time, including any alterations to the rate of VAT. Any price changes will be confirmed to you at the time of ordering.
- Portrayal of products
- All measurements quoted are approximate and the reproduction of colours is as accurate as photographic and publishing processes will allow.
- While every effort has been made to portray items accurately, slight variations may occur.
- Copyright, image rights and intellectual property rights
- All rights, including copyright, image rights and intellectual property rights, for this website are owned by or licensed to G.L.T.C. Ltd.
- Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without the permission of G.L.T.C Ltd.
- You may not modify, distribute or re-post anything on this website for any purpose.
- Safety regulations
- All products comply with appropriate safety and consumer regulations. Toys comply with EC Toy Safety Regulations and, where appropriate, carry the CE mark. If a product is recalled for any reason, you will be contacted.
- All items are subject to availability.
- Most items can be ordered even if they are currently out of stock (we call this a backorder). However please note we are not able to accept backorders for items requiring international delivery.
- There is no additional delivery charge for backorders. However please note we are not able to accept backorders for items requiring international delivery.
- Backordered items will be delivered to you when they become available (see the relevant product page for the expected date when the item will come back into stock).
- Backordered items will not delay the delivery of any in-stock items in your order.
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you wish providing you act within 14 working days of receipt of the goods.
- If you wish to exercise this right prior to despatch of goods please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your order has already been despatched please follow our returns information.
- Please note your right to return products does not apply to personalised items or those made to your specifications unless faulty. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Liability disclaimer
- GLTC's total liability for any claim howsoever shall not exceed the price of the goods supplied by GLTC to the customer. GLTC shall not be liable for any consequential loss whether this arises from a breach of duty in contract or in any other way, save where such liability is imposed upon GLTC by statute. GLTC cannot accept any liability for a failure to comply with instructions specifically stated in the catalogue. GLTC does not limit in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or willful misconduct. By law, you also have the right to withdraw from the purchase of an item within seven working days of the day after the date the item is delivered. Goods are provided to you on approval and legal title to the goods will not pass to you until 14 days after delivery. Your statutory rights are not affected by this statement.
- When you place an order to purchase a product from GLTC, your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us by way of a despatch note included when you receive your order. Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed as accepted in such despatch note do not form part of the contract.
- GLTC endeavours to check the accuracy of the information on this site. However, GLTC does not warrant that such information will be error free and the user acknowledges that information, products and services published on this web site may include inaccuracies and typological errors. If the goods do not on receipt by you substantially meet the description on this web site, you are entitled to reject the goods and return them to us.
- Our secure server software encrypts all of your personal information, including name, address and credit card details. Information remains scrambled whenever it is transmitted over the web. This means that ordering via our site is even more secure than ordering over the phone.
- G.L.T.C. Ltd shall not be liable to any person for loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account.
- G.L.T.C. Ltd shall not be liable to any person for loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
- This website, its content and any contract brought into being as a result of using this site are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
- Any other questions?
- If you have any questions on any aspect of GLTC please contact us:
Phone: 0344 848 6000
PO Box 336
- Legal identity
- Great Little Trading Co. is the trading name of G.L.T.C Ltd.
- The site is owned and operated by G.L.T.C. Ltd, registered in England and Wales, company number 5042186.The registered office is 47 Castle Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 7SR. Please do not send returns to this address. See full returns information.